Total Pageviews

4/20/09

Super-Busy Simon Says "Maybe" He Will Leave Idol


Apparently even Simon Cowell is mortal.
The man who brings a certain something to American Idol, its across-the-pond predecessor, X Factor, and Britain's Got Talent, is beginning to question whether he can keep the candle burning at all three ends. And that's not even factoring in his work as a music producer.
"I don't want to come over as whiney, because I am very grateful that I have got these jobs," Cowell tells the UK's Daily Mirror. "But there is a point where I am not sure we can keep this schedule up. I am not sure we can sustain me doing three shows a year, [along] with the record label and the TV production company."
Cowell's three gigs at times have him making four transatlantic flights a week. As a result, "One may have to go."
At first glance, Cowell hints that Idol would get clipped, if only by process of elimination and due to simple geography.
"I can't imagine not doing Britain's Got Talent, and I can't imagine not doing X Factor," he says. "I guess [my show in] America is more likely to go, because I have got one year [left on] contract. Maybe that will be the end."
Not that Cowell plans to kick back should he unearth any free time. Rather, he says, "I have got one idea to launch a big new show next year. But can I tell you what it is? Absolutely not."
What's your take, Idol faithful? Would you still watch if the judging panel was sans Simon?
For the latest on American Idol, tune into TV Guide Network's Idol Tonight every Wednesday at 8 pm/ET and Idol Wrap every Friday at 8 pm/ET with co-hosts Kimberly Caldwell and Justin Guarini. Plus get more on your favorite Idols every Friday with American Idol Rewind at 7 pm/ET.
By Matt Mitovich

No comments: